Ok, here's the deal. My girl Kaytlin well, she wanted to work on something together. A collaboration of sorts so we decided that we would write a story together. I wrote the start and her the next, back and forth and so on. There is no roundtable on this, it is purely us pushing a story forward, working two separate angles and working from two different strengths.
We haven't talked about a title, that will come later. I've also decided that instead of waiting for the whole bloody thing to finish, or never finish and fade away, I'm going to post it in installments as they are written. The lengths of each installment will vary and it's going to have a different feel to every section. You don't like it, feel free to skip it. I'm excited as all hell about it. I think it will be a trip. Gonna do the text in different colors so y'all know who is who. I will be Green. I will make her Red (unless she decides different)
Here we go:
The Rain fell in sheets, like a wet blanket that meant to cover the oozing wound that was the City. It wasn't enough that it was always cold. It wasn't enough that the pollution made it hard to tell day from night. You had to have the rain. The rain slowed down the world and let the Filth breed. It was an ugly place. Failed politicians and broken promises littered the landscapes like discarded needles and broken booze bottles.
He was soaked to the bone but he couldn't feel it. He perched on the rooftop of an old abandoned project. Abandoned by the city that spawned it maybe but inside it teemed with life. Life both honest and Filthy.
He loved it here.
It was His City.
I'm going to have to re-read from start to, well, not end, but what you have posted. It's really good!
ReplyDelete