Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Calm Before or Give Me a Minute to Share a Memory Before We Kick This Pig.

Before we start I want to explain.  A story began over ten years ago.  It began when two awkward teenagers started to share ideas in gym class.  Two guys that had some weird ideas and liked things to be a little on the dark and strange side.  These two boys had one major shared interest: comic books.  They wanted nothing more than to put a book together, get picked up by a major publisher and tell the world stories that they thought were wicked.  Sadly, years pass and people fall out of touch.  I, personally, am absolutely terrible about maintaining friendships.  I am aware of this, you don't need to tell me (Talking to you Facebook).  Years pass and friendships fade but ideas are eternal.  The story has been in my head for years and yes, I'm sure its changed a million times just like I'm sure that my writing is just as terrible as it was then (I.E Worse) but I want to tell it.  It's probably a terrible story but we loved the idea.  Hell, I think he even drew the first issue.  I don't know if he still draws but if he does, man, he needs to share it.  This ninja has a gift.  I know that I have the story with Kaytlin and another currently nameless story that He is beginning to tell me about an Angel wandering a wasteland but I want to do this too.  I don't know what prompted me to start writing again after years of nothing but I am grateful.  I'm also grateful to those of you that take the time to read this drivel, even if you hate it, you still read it.

So, before we begin, thank you all for your support and love.

Thank you Mr. Santel for giving me permission to tell this story again after all these years.  You have always been one of my best friends, even with the distance between us.  A better brother than any of my blood.

I just hope I don't let you down.

2 comments:

  1. Almost shed a tear just then, bastard. Love that you are reinventing your dreams and talents via word and graphics. Respectable. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are very talented. I think you should keep going. Love reading your stuff, even if I don't read it as often as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete